Deadline: 15 July
Open to: Young leaders from India, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Pakistan, Louisiana, and Mississippi
Benefits: $12,000 USD grants
Rise Up’s Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders ages 18-29 who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Rwanda, and the United States. Our externally validated model enables young leaders to create large-scale change through leadership development, technology, innovation, and advocacy.
Youth Champions Initiative improves the lives of young people by advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice globally. Recent successes include:
1.Young persons between the ages of 18-29
• Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
3. Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
4. Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation and/or related fields
5. Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs.
6. Proficient in oral and written English
7. Support of a registered civil society or nonprofit organization, network, or group
8. To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
During the Incubator, Youth Champions will receive coaching and technical assistance from SRHR experts in the development of innovative initiatives to increase access to quality SRHR services, education and information. Each participant will leave the Incubator with a draft project proposal, which they will finalize with their supporting organizations. Rise Up will competitively award $12,000 USD project seed grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch the SRHR projects they developed during the Incubator. Rise Up will also provide ongoing technical support to enable the Youth Champions and their organizations to most effectively implement their innovative SRHR projects.
For more information please visit the official website.