Deadline: 16 May 2021
Open to: candidates with at least 5 years of humanitarian response experience
Benefits: Full-time contract
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium (VSF-Belgium) is an international NGO with a vision of Healthy Animals, Healthy People, in a Healthy Environment. VSF-Belgium strives to strengthen the capacity of disadvantaged livestock dependent communities in the South in order to improve their well-being. In times of crisis following natural or man-made disasters, VSF-Belgium goes even one step further and makes sure immediate humanitarian assistance is provided to livestock holding families. VSF-Belgium is currently active in five West-African countries (Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Benin) and five countries in the Great Lakes region (DR Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Tanzania) with an average annual budget of around 12M EUR. VSF-Belgium directly employs around 100 people in our country offices and has 18 staff members based in our Brussels headquarters organised in three departments: Operations, Support Services, and Fundraising and Communication.
VSF-Belgium is a member of the International Non-Profit Organisation VSF International.
• A Masters Degree in a relevant field Knowledge and experience
• At least 5 years, but preferably 10 years of humanitarian response experience with an international organization
• A combination of field and headquarters’ programme management experience is preferable
• Experience within a development organization will be an asset
• Excellent knowledge and experience of humanitarian issues, policies, SPHERE principles and standards as well as humanitarian coordination mechanisms
• Experience in LEGS, LRRD (linkage between Relief, Reconstruction and Development) and resilience programming is essential
• Good knowledge of major humanitarian organisations and donors and their requirements (ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, DFID, DGD Humanitarian Aid, etc).
• Fluency in English and French; working knowledge of Dutch is an asset
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium is a learning organisation, with a cohesive and committed team, particularly attentive to adopting a quality approach in achieving its mission. Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Belgium offers a stimulating international working environment, with ample room for creativity and innovative ideas. It offers a full-time, open-ended contract with a package in line with the sector, with extra-legal benefits. The vacancy is not an expat position. In addition, as an employer, the organisation strives for a good work/life balance for its employees.
For more information please see the official announcement.