Deadline:29 March 2023
Open to: all nationals who have the right to live and work in Belgium
Benefits: salary depending on experience +other benefits
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries.
We are supported financially by the European Commission. In the 18 years since its establishment, Eurochild has grown into one of the most influential networks on children’s rights in Europe. It has almost 200 members across 37 countries in Europe, including national coalitions of children’s rights (‘national partner networks’) in 23 countries.
About this position
This position is responsible for coordinating the editorial and social media calendars to improve Eurochild’s digital presence and outreach. He/she will be part of the Secretariat team, line managed by the Communications Coordinator, and collaborating closely with other staff members and members as needed. The position is well suited for someone who is highly organised, detail-oriented and motivated to play an impactful role in a dynamic, purposedriven, international team.
The specific responsibilities of the Communications Officer will include & relate to:
Coordinates calendar for membership and external communications
• Leads on monthly editorial meetings to ensure content is timely and cohesive
• Writes first drafts of newsletter editorials and speeches
• Supports the production, dissemination, and monitoring of newsletters & members’ articles
• Writes, edits and uploads news and campaign content on the website
• Supports to develop and assists with the dissemination of policy and advocacy outputs
• Keeps track of Eurochild’s profile on media and social media
• Maintains and updates the Communications contacts on Salesforce
Plans, delivers, monitors, and evaluates social media content and performance
• Plans and delivers the content for Eurochild’s digital channels
• Designs digital content and visuals for social media and website
• Plans and delivers organic and paid social media campaigns
• Monitors and reports performance of social media content
• Keeps abreast of social media development news and tools
Supports communications messages and outputs for projects and campaigns
• Monitors editorial and key messaging consistency in projects and campaigns
• Monitors and evaluates communications targets for projects and campaigns
• Supports the development of the dissemination plan for projects or campaigns
• Supports development and implementation of communication plans for projects
Support and supervision
The Communications Officer will be lined managed by the Communications Coordinator and will work closely with other Eurochild Secretariat colleagues.
They are looking for a candidate with:
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in communications
• Bachelor/Master in communications, marketing, journalism
• Strong organisational and creative skills, high attention to detail, and good writing skills
• Strong computer skills, especially Adobe package (Photoshop/Illustrator/ InDesign) and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of WordPress or other content management systems (CMS)
• Basic knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems
• Experience in creating social media ads
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Fluency in written & spoken English, other EU languages are an asset
• Ability to provide 2 professional references, if selected
In addition, it is an asset if the candidate has any of the following:
• Experience of working with or for non-governmental organisations or membership-based networks
• Experience of working with children
• Experience in an international, multi-cultural environment
• Salary depending on experience
• Benefits (13th month, lunch tickets, full hospitalisation & pension insurance)
• Location: Eurochild Secretariat, Brussels
• Preferred starting date: end of April 2023
• Type of contract: Full-time permanent contract
• The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in Belgium
Please complete this online form in English, add your CV (pdf) and submit.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 29 March, 2023, 5pm CET. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited to complete a written exercise and to online interviews (planned for the week of 10 April 2023). The successful candidate is expected to start end
of April 2023.
For more information please visit the official website.